Biz: great babysitter

Monday, January 14, 2008

Transition

Another transition week has come. Deb will arrive in Houston on Tuesday to take over duties here and I'll return on Friday to take over at home. Deb will then stay until the end, returning home, Lord-willing, on Feb. 2. What a great day that will be!
Everything in Houston appears to be going better than expected. Treatments go on as usual, and Biz has had little to no negative side-effects from her treatment. I am surprised, however, at how many times the computers that operate the proton generators shut down/crash. With the millions and millions (billions?) of dollars that go into such a facility, you'd think it'd be more seemless--I guess a computer is the weak link in most areas. When the computers go down here it doesn't usually take very long to get everything back on line, and I guess it gives the world's I.T. guys some job security, I just didn't expect it at what seems to be the apex of modern technology. One more reason to look forward to heaven--no need for computers!

2 comments:

alp2295 said...

Picture?

Anonymous said...

The middle of the month... I thought of you all when I came across this verse in Hebrews: Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what is promised." Hebrews 10:35,36

What is promised? All that God says in His Word about His love and care for you all.

Hang in there. I know you will.

BL

Girls at pool

Girls at pool
poor Garret...