Biz: great babysitter

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Beautiful Day

Biz went into surgery this morning at 8:30am with one more CT scan, much to the chagrin of Regence Blue Shield, I'm sure. Over the past week she's had a couple of surgeries designed to cut off the blood flow to the tumor, which has stopped about 70% of the blood flow. The other 30% is related to arteries that supply the eye, making blindness too great a risk, so they'll have to address this during the surgery itself.
Best case scenario we're looking at 5 hours, worst case they'll have to drop the upper jaw...about 8 hours or so. Our two doctors are exceedingly competent--Dr.'s Perkins and Moe (pray for them). If I was looking to doctors for my hope, I couldn't find much better. However, as we look to the Great Physician, Jesus, hope increases exponentially.
Some good friends, the Silversteins, bought Biz an iPod Touch (are kid's supposed to have better electronics than their parents?), which she said I could listen to during her surgery, as I am doing now (with frequent prayer breaks)--U2, Beautiful Day.

3 comments:

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

I am editing my comment because I didn't notice that the time is 2 hours off. We are praying without ceasing for God's Presence, His Protection, His Power and His Peace to surround you all and the hospital staff. My Hugs and love to all of you. Kris

Anonymous said...

Tim & family ---
Many of us are praying all throughout this day for your whole family, doctors and care-taking staff. May God's peace be felt in surprising ways all through this day and week. Thanks for the updates.

Girls at pool

Girls at pool
poor Garret...